SWISHE Perl module - index headers

From: Alex Lyons <ajlyons(at)not-real.sercoassurance.com>
Date: Fri Oct 26 2001 - 13:20:13 GMT
Dear swish-e developers,

Could you make _all_ the admin headers that are stored in the swish
index file (typically set in swish.conf) available for retrieval by the
Perl module interface SwishHeaderParameter?

I have a perl CGI search script that currently calls the swish-e binary:
I would like to modify this to make it use the Perl module interface
instead, to make it more portable.

My CGI search script is generic, called as:

http://(server)/(path)/swish-e.cgi?index=(path/to/index.swish)&words=(se
arch spec)

So it uses the admin headers stored in the index to display information
to the user. In particular I currently grab the Name: header from the
swish-e output so that the results display tells the user what index is
being searched. But "Name" or "IndexName" is _not_ available from a call
to SwishHeaderParameter in the Perl module, although other admin headers
"IndexPointer" and "Description" are.  Surely an oversight??

BTW, could you use a consistent set of names for the headers accessed by
SwishHeaderParameter?  Either the header names as returned by Swish-e
(eg: Description, Pointer) or the names used in the swish.conf file (eg:
IndexDescription, IndexPointer), but please not a mixture.

The latest version I've checked is 2.1-dev-24-2001-10-26.

Thanks for your work.

Sincerely,

Alex Lyons

privileged material; it is for the intended addressee(s) only. If you
are not a named addressee, you must not use, retain or disclose such
information.

Serco cannot guarantee that the e-mail or any attachments are free
from viruses.

Serco Group plc. Registered in England and Wales. No: 2048608
Registered Office: Dolphin House, Windmill Road, Sunbury-on-Thames,
TW16 7HT, United Kingdom.