Re: New Feature, Bug, Wish List for new version

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed Oct 24 2001 - 02:50:26 GMT
At 06:16 PM 10/23/01 -0700, David L Norris wrote:
>Guessing: regex.c is generating the warnings.  It's the only file which
>calls free() and abort().  It's also about the only file that generates
>warnings...  This is, technically, not our file.  I really have no clue
>of it's origins.  So, I hate to go hacking on it.  Personally, I'd
>rather find and use a better regex library.  Same goes for dirent.

If I run gcc with -pedantic I get tons of warnings.  Like I said, I spent a
day trying to clean them up.  In the end I found that it was much easier to
just compile without -pedantic ;).

>How about all of the above on Win32 and VMS?  I'm concerned that maybe
>the same issues are present on VMS since it shares much of this same
>code with Win32.  Bill, anyone, any idea about compile warnings on VMS?

Jean-François has been builing VMS often, I believe.  Some warning have
been fixed, but I'm not sure what all is reported on VMS.

Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org