Re: Problems with FileFilter .pdf

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Sep 20 2001 - 23:54:03 GMT
At 02:58 PM 09/20/01 -0700, Gerald Klaas wrote:
>I'm having problems getting the pdf filter going.
>
>I have SWISH-E 2.0 running on RedHat Linux 6.2
>I'm creating an index using the -S http to spider
>a single .pdf file (just to test the filter)

Just amazing that you are the first to catch this!

In http.c you will find the line:

     fprop->index_no_content = strncmp(contenttype, "text/", 5);

Clearly, that doesn't work with filters.  Remove or comment out that line
and recompile.

As always, I'd recommend using 2.1-dev.  Faster indexing, you can run the
filter without a shell script, you can use -S prog spider.pl instead of -S
httpd for more control over spidering and filtering, and so on....

Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org