Re: Segmentation fault with latest code on Solaris

From: Gavin Walker <gavin(at)not-real.tality.com>
Date: Tue Sep 04 2001 - 08:55:50 GMT
Bill

Thanks for that tip.  I tried the version from Aug 30, 2001 but
hit a problem that the swish-e process consumed over 350MB of RAM
and it had only been running for about 20 seconds.  This meant that
it was continually swapping on my workstation. which has 256MB of RAM.

I used your tip again and reverted to an earlier version "Jun 17, 2001"
(I have this code running elsewhere) and this runs and only uses about
11MB of RAM to index.  Indexing takes about 7 minutes.

Regards

Gavin.