Re: New index proccess in development version

From: <jmruiz(at)not-real.boe.es>
Date: Wed Aug 29 2001 - 14:35:55 GMT
Hi Chris,

I will need more information. Can you give me the exact error
message?
Which is the amount of memory being using by swish
(July 24th and Yesterday's)?
Have you noticed anything strange in memory usage?
Wich is the longest file size?

By the way, Bill Mosseley told me that swish does not return the
freed memory to the OS until proccess ends in FreeBSD.
This seems to be the allocation library being used. Since
MacOS X is based on BSD,  it can have a similar problem. This
situation does not occur in linux or win32.

cu
jose