phrase searching question

From: Jews for Jesus Web Team <jfjweb(at)not-real.jewsforjesus.org>
Date: Wed Aug 22 2001 - 00:01:59 GMT
I am using Rus Berrett's query.pl as a web front-end for swish-e 2.0.5.

Phrase searching from a web form does not work with double quotes.  It
works fine from the shell with escaped double quotes. I'm not a programmer
and wonder if this has to do with the way query.pl operates, and how the
phrase searching can be implemented.

On another note, is their an opinion of the security of query.pl?  I like
the way the user interface returns results, but would be open to hearing
about other ready-made options for a cgi script.

        Rich Robinson, Research Librarian & Web Site Administrator
        Jews for Jesus / 60 Haight Street  /  San Francisco, CA 94102
        Phone: 415-864-2600 x 129  / Fax: 415-552-8325
        E-mail: jfjweb@jewsforjesus.org /
        Have you seen our two new websites?
             For seekers: http://www.jewsforjesus.org/index.htm
             For Christians: http://www.jfjonline.org