Re: Errors during HP-UX install of 2.1

From: Julian Perry <jules(at)not-real.limitless.co.uk>
Date: Fri Aug 03 2001 - 16:08:55 GMT
Bill

> Yes, you are absolutely correct -- at least for the code I write I should
> be more careful.  gcc -pedantic will probably make the code more
> compatable.  But swish uses code from outside sources, and we can't control
> that.

Isn't portablility vital in a project like this?
The fact that someone elses code that you use isn't
well written doesn't mean that yours shouldn't be
either, does it?

I'm not trying to start a war here (and I support and respect
those who are working on swish-e), but over the years
I've found that packages supplied as source that are
easy to install and get going across a wide range
of platforms get far wider use and acceptance than those
that are trickier to bootstrap.

--
Cheers
Jules.