Re: Question on indexing time

From: Rick McGowan <rick(at)not-real.unicode.org>
Date: Thu Aug 02 2001 - 22:48:35 GMT
Bill, thanks again.  I updated to today's snapshot of SWISH-E & re-ran as
you suggested. Now instead of running for 48 hours, it seg faults within 2
minutes. ;-)

Along the way, it gives me warnings about possible embedded nulls in some
.txt files... Is that something to worry about?

I finally got it to work, however, after doing two things: I had originally
set it for "IgnoreLimit 20 1000", but it gave me a warning, so I removed that
and enabled "IgnoreWords SwishDefault"; now it tells me that's obsolete.  I
also turned off indexing of ".txt" files, since that might have been the
cause of the seg fault...

It completed the task and produced an index (of HTML files only), which I
could use with swish-cgi.pl.  Works great.

Thanks a million!!!

	Rick