Re: swish-cgi.pl for swish 2

From: Roy Tennant <roy.tennant(at)not-real.ucop.edu>
Date: Thu Aug 02 2001 - 19:23:08 GMT
At 3:58 AM -0700 8/2/01, TIMO HARMO wrote:
>   (and whether I will be able to index words containing a dash?
>Search for "swish-cgi.pl" fails even at
>  http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/SWISH-E/Discussion/archive.html)

To set the record straight...the version of SWISH-E currently
providing search support for the archive is 1.3.2, because I have not
spent the time to upgrade it. Neither have I spent the time to adjust
the configuration file to allow for periods and hyphens within words,
sort the results by date or other such useful features. It's
unfortunate that the SWISH-E doesn't always highlight SWISH-E at its
best, but I haven't had time to take something that works and make it
incrementally better when I'm faced with other responsibilities that
don't even function yet. Sorry,
Roy