Re: Download Version -vs- Documentation

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)>
Date: Wed Aug 01 2001 - 23:21:57 GMT
At 04:04 PM 08/01/01 -0700, FISHER,JOSEPH (Non-HP-Roseville,ex1) wrote:
>It's really frustrating, when the documentation doesn't match the

Or even more frustrating when the download doesn't match the documentation ;)

The docs you are referring to say Swish Version 2.1-dev-22 and you are
installing 2.0.5.

Roy, can you make the top of the swish-e page clearer.  Perhaps say that
2.2 is under development and can be downloaded from

with documentation at:

With a note saying when 2.2 will be out ;)

>Your documentation says that after unzipping and untarring the download, you
>should see the following directories:

Check the README files in the 2.0.5 distribution for build instructions for
2.0.5.  But I'd recommend grabbing the 2.1-dev version.

Bill Moseley