Re: help [evaluating swish-e]

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed Jul 25 2001 - 00:18:50 GMT
At 02:55 PM 7/24/2001 -0700, Janet Nabring-Stager wrote:
>Hi all-
>We're evaluating swish-e for use on our non-profit intranet site.
>The intranet is on a Windows NT server.  For reasons too numerous to
>bore you with here, we must spider the site.
>>From what I've understood in the documentation, this can be achieved
>through the http or, in version 2.2, via a prog doucment source.
>Will we run across problems if we are using NTLM authentication?
>This has been an issue with other search engines we've evaluated.

Well, as I'm currently at the O'Reilly Open Source convention, I could make
some comments about proprietary protocols.  But I won't.

The spider uses perl's LWP modules.  So, I'd recommend subscribing and
posting to the lwp list (very low traffic) and see if anyone there knows
how to do NTLM authentication with Perl.  I'll ask around here, too.

Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org