Incremental Indexing when spidering

From: Gavin Walker <gavin(at)not-real.tality.com>
Date: Thu Jun 07 2001 - 16:58:35 GMT
Hi

I am trying to configure Swish-e 2.1-dev-20 to do incremental indexing.
I am indexing the site using -S http and the swishspider program
that comes with the distribution.  To implement the incremental
indexing I 'touch' a file when I do a full index of the site and then
specify the file name to -N for incremental.  So the command line is
like this:

swish-e \
    -e \
    -N ${BASEDIR}/etc/${SITE}.last_indexed\
    -S http \
    -v $verbose \
    -c ${BASEDIR}/etc/${SITE}.config \
    -f ${BASEDIR}/etc/${SITE}.tmp_index

The problem is that no matter what I do I don't seem to be able to get
a modified file on the site to be added to the index with this command.

So the question is "Can -S http and -N file be used together?".

Regards

Gavin.
--
CAD Support - Livingston Design Centre