Re: Latest version

From: Philip Mak <pmak(at)not-real.aaanime.net>
Date: Wed May 09 2001 - 17:34:24 GMT
On Wed, 9 May 2001, PropheZine CEO wrote:

> I apologize for asking as it was announced only recently but where is the
> most stable version of swish-e and which version is most stable?
>
> Also, I would not mind trying a BETA.  Is this listed there as well?

The bleeding edge versions are at
http://sunsite.berkeley.edu:4444/swish-daily/.

I found that was the only version adequate for my purposes because it
supports phrase searching, and can run a program that returns text to it
to index (thus allowing interface with MySQL databases); no earlier
version does that.

There is also an earlier, more stable version 2 that does not support
program indexing at http://sunsite.berkeley.edu:4444/swish-e-2.0.4.tar.gz,
and a stable version 1 that takes a long time to generate indexes that I
can't find the link to right now.

-Philip Mak (pmak@aaanime.net)