Using stemming with stopwords...

From: Joseph Alba <jalba(at)not-real.projo.com>
Date: Mon May 07 2001 - 20:36:24 GMT
Hi!  I think I may have found a bug, and I hope it hasn't been brought up
before.  I've been a little too busy to read all the messages on this list
lately.  :)

I have an index of 2000 files.  I am using stemming, and I use IgnoreWords
SwishDefault.

If I search for the word "Reed", I get the error "A word is too common"

I am guessing that swish-e looks up the word "Reed", then looks for a root
word -- finding "re" -- which is in the SwishDefault list.

Shouldn't swish-e return the matches on "Reed", even though the root word
is a common word?

Joe Alba
Web Programmer / Systems Analyst
http://www.projo.com