Re: no files being indexed using http,,,,,

From: <Kevin.Fay(at)>
Date: Thu Apr 26 2001 - 15:53:43 GMT

I'm running Apache Tomcat on NT 4.0 service pack 6.

Bill Moseley <>
04/26/01 11:35 AM

        To:, Multiple recipients of list
        Subject:        Re: [SWISH-E] Re: no files being indexed using http,,,,,

At 08:12 AM 4/26/2001 -0700, wrote:

Swish-e command being run:

swish-e  -S http -c ../src/user.config

And what's the output?

BTW. Jakarta Tomcat doesn't come with perl. It's a 100% pure JSP/Servlet
engine. It's only for development uses.

If you running Apache Tomcat I'm assuming you are running on unix.  And I
was saying it's hard to imagine a unix machine without perl.  But I
understand specialized machines (web severs, mail servers, dns, dbms)
that don't have all the utilities commonly found on a unix box.  Which is
why I was suggesting that if you are running a specialized web server
without perl, then you can use another unix machine with perl on the same
network to spider your web server.

You will need more than just perl to run the spider.  You will need LWP
and probably some other support modules.  So it may be easier to use a
different machine to do the spidering than spend the time installing

<bold>Bill Moseley <<></bold>

Sent by:

04/26/01 10:54 AM

Please respond to moseley