Re: no files being indexed using http,,,,,

From: <Kevin.Fay(at)not-real.CommerceQuest.com>
Date: Thu Apr 26 2001 - 15:12:22 GMT
Swish-e command being run:

swish-e  -S http -c ../src/user.config

BTW. Jakarta Tomcat doesn't come with perl. It's a 100% pure JSP/Servlet
engine. It's only for development uses.

Bill Moseley <moseley@hank.org>
Sent by: swish-e@sunsite.berkeley.edu
04/26/01 10:54 AM
Please respond to moseley

        To:     Multiple recipients of list <swish-e@sunsite.berkeley.edu>
        cc:
        Subject:        [SWISH-E] Re: no files being indexed using http,,,,,

At 07:45 AM 4/26/2001 -0700, Kevin.Fay@CommerceQuest.com wrote:

<excerpt>

David,

I would think the indexer would be more "error friendly" in diagnosing
this issue. I'll get perl on my web server and see what happens.

</excerpt><<<<<<<<

Well, it would help us if you posted exactly what swish command you are
running and its output.

The new spider.pl in 2.1-dev has lots of debugging options, but that
wouldn't help in this case.

Hard to imagine a web server without perl.

If you are running a web server without perl installed then is it a
dedicated web server?  If you have another machine with perl installed on
the same network as your web server then you can run the swish indexing
from that machine, of course, and avoid installing perl.

Bill Moseley

mailto:moseley@hank.org