Sorting by swishlastmodified...

From: David Wood <dwood(at)not-real.inter.nl.net>
Date: Fri Apr 06 2001 - 03:01:47 GMT
Hi folks,

Using '... -s swishlastmodified desc' _almost_ works perfectly.  The only
problem I've uncovered is that, if you've created your index via spidering,
there's no swishlastmodified stored, I guess because the files aren't local
and stat'able, and so all dates for spidered content come back as 31 Dec.
1969!  But don't nicely behaved web servers pass a Last Modified HTTP
header to clients?  If so, might we be able to use that to set
swishlastmodified when creating a spider-generated index?

One other small enhancement request in this area would be for -x
<swishlastmodified fmt="..."> to support a fmt of just giving straight
seconds since the epoch back.  Strangely enough strftime doesn't seem to
offer that.

cheers,

David