Re: Sorting by swishlastmodified auto property

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Apr 05 2001 - 07:37:17 GMT
On Wed, 4 Apr 2001, David Wood wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> Does 'swish-e ... -s swishlastmodified desc' work in 2.1-dev-20?  It seems
> to, or at least -s doesn't complain about getting used with
> swishlastmodified and the results certainly don't come out in rank order.

Does it come out in date order?  I think it should.

> First, is it officially the case that auto properties can be used with -s?

Yes.

> Second, I saw on your devel mailing list that you were discussing
> swishlastmodified's data type and whether it's really sorting as a string
> or a date.  Do we now definitively know that swishlastmodified is a date
> type and therefore is sorting properly?

Yes.  It is sorted as a number internally.

Properties, on the other hand, are sorted as strings.  So a unix timestamp
stored as a property will sort incorrectly on:

> perl -le 'print scalar gmtime 1_000_000_000'
Sun Sep  9 01:46:40 2001

> p.s.  Sorry, I'm not much of a cvs master; is there an easy way for me to
> see what has changed in your daily builds?  Like some way to just gather
> your commit log entries or something like that to see whether important
> bugs have been fixed or snazzy features added.

CVS is easy to use, so you might consider that again.  Much easier than
downloading and gzip and tar.

Or:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/swish-e/?cvsroot=swishe

Or: join the development list (something like 450 messages last month)
https://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=15097