Q: Segmentation Fault?

From: Gastlogin Internet-Cafe Muenchen <katigaebler(at)not-real.topmail.de>
Date: Sun Feb 18 2001 - 13:54:46 GMT
Hello,

After setting up SWISH-E 2.1-dev-20 on a remote server and whilst
indexing a site the filesystem way, I got the error: "Segmentation
Fault".

The more complete end of the output was:
--
Removing very common words...
Warning: This proccess can take some time. For a faster one, use

The index file that should have been created is empty. So I test to
disable auto-stopwords:

#IgnoreLimit 50 1000

And index again, and then it works! anyone has an idea why this could
be, and what the segmentation fault might mean?

Also, when doing command line searching, the shell prompt prints the
following characters, after displaying the result:

1;2c1;2c1;2c

Originally I thought it was something wrong with my shell, but after
having tested on another system it also happens there, although whatever
it is it doesn't seem to affect searching or performance in anyway.

Many thanks,
Kati

Man is the only animal that can remain on friendly terms with the
victims he intends to eat until he eats them.
                -- Samuel Butler