Unable to merge

From: Webmaster of Infothai <webmaster(at)not-real.infothai.com>
Date: Sun Feb 18 2001 - 09:14:35 GMT
Hello,

I am in the testing stage of upgrading from 1.3.2 to 2.0.4, testing
under FreeBSD 4.2 and Windows 98. My index generation is done in stages
using the file system method: (a) generate an index for one target directory;
(b) merge sets of directories together; and (c) do a final merge. This
method was chosen a long time ago to avoid the limitations of 1.3.2.

Now, when I run on either Windows or FreeBSd, stage (a) works fine and I
can see index files of varying sizes being generated. However, in stage (b)
the program blows up during the merge, indicating "merge.c: internal error."

Since both the Windows and Unix versions have the same error, I suspect I am
doing something wrong, but I cannot see what it might be. Here is the command
line I'm using:

	echo "merging group 1"
	swish-e -v 3 -c boiswish.cnf -M d01 d02 d03 d04 d05 new1.swish

Anyone have an idea of what might be wrong or where I might look?

Thanks,

Mike

webmaster@infothai.com
http://www.infothai.com