Re: the search option -w supposed to be case

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Sat Feb 10 2001 - 13:27:37 GMT
At 04:24 AM 02/10/01 -0800, Gerrit Schimmelpenninck wrote:
><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>the search
>option -w supposed to be case insensitive</FONT></FONT></DIV>
><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>but my
>experience is that this is untrue<BR><BR>could it be i'm using a swish-e
older
>version?<BR>(if not what can i do to make my search case
>insensitive?)<BR><BR>please reply to my email adress
>above.

The searches are suppose to be lower case, but that probably only means for
English characters.  What version are you running?

Create a small test file that contains the words that you cannot find with
your -w search.  Index this one file, and use -D to look at exactly what
words were indexed.

If that doesn't help then post your small test file, your swish config
file, a cut-n-paste of the commands you are using that demonstrate the
problem, and the output from ./swish-e -V.

Please reply to the list.  Thanks,

Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org