Swish-E 2.0 and PDF indexing

From: Jeffrey Grunstein <JEFFREY.GRUNSTEIN(at)not-real.ny.frb.org>
Date: Thu Jan 04 2001 - 17:22:28 GMT
I just upgraded from Swish-E 1.32 to 2.0 and am having a performance problem indexing PDFs.
It took almost 19 hours to index my site (-S fs option) with 3220 files.
Many are PDFs but I don't have an exact count.

With Swish-E 1.3 (running in production now - I'm testing 2.0), the same index takes about 90 minutes.
As far as I know, I'm indexing PDFs with 1.3 also but how can I tell for sure whether I am.

Can anyone explain why it takes so much longer with 2.0 than 1.3?
I'm running this on a Sun Enterprise 450 with 4 Gigs of RAM, running Solaris 8.

Thanks!