Re: Swish Documentation

From: <jmruiz(at)not-real.boe.es>
Date: Tue Dec 12 2000 - 19:08:27 GMT
Hi,

If I have to choose between HTML and PDF my vote is for HTML.

When developing swish-e 2.X I have always been working in GPL,
stable boxes. In other words: LINUX. I really like it, I like to edit my
source files with vi, view my HTML files with lynx, compile the
distribution with gcc, debugging with gdb, configure with autoconf
and all of them in a text environment because I simply like it.

To see a PDF file I need a graphical browser. That means GNOME or
KDE with GSVIEW or Adobe Acrobat Reader or Netscape with a
Plugin. Or even worse, pay to Microsoft and use Windows. I do not
need those things in my servers. I like them stable and secure.

Our UNIX servers do not have X enabled for security reasons. They
only run a few servers (apache, named and sendmail). So, to see a
PDF I have to download it to a PC with a graphical environment to
see it.

Please avoid PDF.

cu
Jose