Re: -D option

From: <jmruiz(at)not-real.boe.es>
Date: Tue Nov 28 2000 - 17:41:10 GMT
Hi Frances,

On 28 Nov 2000, at 8:50, Frances Coakley wrote:

> the documentation for the -D option implies that all files indexed are
> listed at the end of the printout - it appears (for 1.3 version)
> however that only the first such file is actually so listed - is this
> a bug in code or documentation or will vrsn 2 correct it.
>
> Personally I would prefer the file list to precede the word list but
> would like all files to be shown.

I rewrote -D option for version 2 because there is more information
to show (frequency and word positions). It is totally new.

> Has anyone written a Java applet to take the swish index  so as to be
> useable from a CD ROM within a html page?

I have been thinking on this issue and that was one of the reasons
to add a C library to swish-e.
I also added the Compression option to get smaller index files in 2.1
but this is in an alpha state.

Does anyone want to try?

cu
Jose