Robots etc

From: Frances Coakley <f.coakley(at)not-real.eim.surrey.ac.uk>
Date: Tue Nov 21 2000 - 17:26:54 GMT
Please excuse any ignorance but am a newcomer to list - have a number of
queries
(1) any decision re robots - no index Metatag - can such pages be ignored
someway
(2) is it possible to use a descriptor file to give keywords but link a
specified file into the index - eg I could manually or otherwise pull out
placenames or personal names from files, place these in a descriptor file
and then create a swish index (avoids problems like young and Young (as in
Mr Young) being confused) but with links back to actual (HTML) file
(3) is there any problem if use 3 letter .extension in index file (want to
create ISO9660 CD ROMS)
(4) on same note is it possible to name readme's readme.txt etc - much
easier for us poor so&so's with win98 etc.
(5) I often have dual language pages, though one is English other is Manx
which is not exactly well supported, (eg some of english stop words are not
in Manx and viceversa) - is it possible to use some simple tag (my pages
some 6000+ in number) are simple HTML not XML to skip sections etc so can
build two indices
Frances Coakley
Senior Lecturer, Rm 18BB19, Dept Elec Eng; University of Surrey, GUILDFORD,
GU2 7XH, UK
Tel +(0)1483 879129 email f.coakley@eim.surrey.ac.uk