Re: XML

From: <jmruiz(at)not-real.boe.es>
Date: Fri Nov 17 2000 - 17:08:14 GMT
On 17 Nov 2000, at 8:48, Roy Tennant wrote:

> Jose,
> Thanks, but I'm not sure I completely understand. By "document" do you
> mean a particular file segment, say between a beginning and ending XML
> tag?

That is exactly what I tried to explain.

The problem is how to define this segment. Probably something like:

SplitXMLfile   mytag

or something similar

So a file like this one:

<mytag>
bla bla ... other tags
</mytag>
<mytag>
bla bla ... other tags
</mytag>

will contain two documents/segments and will be stored twice in the
index file:

filepath title1 offset1 size1 prop1-1 prop1-2 ...
filepath title2 offset2 size2 prop2-1 prop2-2 ...

Well, this approach will assume that you only can retrieve the file
segment based on just one unique field (mytag) delimiter because
the file is splited at index time.

Making a C function that returns just the segment you need is easy.

cu
Jose