XML

From: <jmruiz(at)not-real.boe.es>
Date: Thu Nov 16 2000 - 19:28:01 GMT

Hi,

Some people have asked me for improving XML indexing.
I am not an expert of XML, so I would like to hear from all of you.

This what XML does now in 2.1.x:
it index thinks like:
<element> some data </element>
and also
<element1> some data <element2> other data </element2>
even more data</element1>

You can search both element1=other and element2=other

This is what I think it is easy to do:

- Index comments <!- -> ignoring the rest of <!..>

- Ignore <? ..>

- Index properties:
<element1 prop1="some data"> other data</element1>
In this case you can search for element1=some and prop1=some

- Ignore empty elements: <element/> but index its properties:
<element1 prop1="some data" />
In this case you can search for element1=some and prop1=some

- Sorry, no DTDs

Am I in the right way?

cu
Jose