RE: New alpha version swish-e-2.1.4

From: Bas Meijer <bas(at)not-real.antraciet.nl>
Date: Mon Nov 13 2000 - 16:29:43 GMT

>3. ------------------------
>
>Wish-list:
>
>  Right now I need a short description of the found pages on the result page
>  (say: first 200 chars or 40 words of the indexed text).
>
>  When using fileindexing, of course you can display parts of the files.
>  But this doesn't work on http sidering and also not the best way, when
>displaying
>  pdf or doc links.
>
>  What are the chances to get the following functionality:
>
>    Config:
>        StoreDescription  <number>  # 0 = None  >1 Char or word count to
>store.
>        DecriptionFile     <path>   # separate file/db to store this
>information
>						(could use Joses
>compression patches...)
>
>    Implementation could look like follows:
>
>       descr_open_db (...)
>       descr_start (path_url_of_index_file)	# new description
>       descr_add_str (...)				# build desc string
>       descr_end (...)					# saves the
>description for this file
>       descr_close_db (...)
>
>  Question is how to return the results.
>
>  Are there any requests for this functionality or am I the only one?

Yes please,

right now I use HTML::Parser for this in Lookup, trouble is that
Lookup needs too much resources at runtime that could be in the
indexfile, one of them is scanning the first text, another is
statting all over the disk for filedates, which hopefully can be
included as well.

Bas Meijer
--

--  /'''     Bas Meijer mailto:bas@antraciet.com