RE: New alpha version swish-e-2.1.4

From: <Rainer.Scherg(at)not-real.rexroth.de>
Date: Mon Nov 13 2000 - 15:45:53 GMT
Hi!

I was a "little" occupied due to some project work last months -
but now I try to take a breather and check the new swish-e version.

I found the following problems:

1. -------------------

When trying the IndexContents - Option I figgured out, that
the conf parsing routine seems to have trouble with \t characters.

The bug is related to  string.c//char *getword(line, skiplen)

>>        while (((int)*line)==' ' || ((int)*line)=='\t') line++;
>[...]
>>        for (i = 0; *line && ((inquotes) ? (*line != '\"') : (!(*line=='
'))); line++) {

In the first part \t is checked in the second part not.
IMO this should look like:

>>        while (isspace(*line)) line++;
>[...]
>>        for (i = 0; *line && ((inquotes) ? (*line != '\"') :
(!isspace(*line))); line++)

2. -----------------------

Filtering doesn't work anymore (filter progs are working fine).
The index result log shows a broken pipe.

I don't see the problem yet, can anyone crosscheck this please?

3. ------------------------

Wish-list:

 Right now I need a short description of the found pages on the result page
 (say: first 200 chars or 40 words of the indexed text).

 When using fileindexing, of course you can display parts of the files.
 But this doesn't work on http sidering and also not the best way, when
displaying
 pdf or doc links.

 What are the chances to get the following functionality:

   Config:
       StoreDescription  <number>  # 0 = None  >1 Char or word count to
store.
       DecriptionFile     <path>   # separate file/db to store this
information
						 (could use Joses
compression patches...)

   Implementation could look like follows:

      descr_open_db (...)
      descr_start (path_url_of_index_file)	# new description
      descr_add_str (...)				# build desc string
      descr_end (...)					# saves the
description for this file
      descr_close_db (...)

 Question is how to return the results.

 Are there any requests for this functionality or am I the only one?