Re: Problem with SwishSpider and Indexing

From: Bas Meijer <bas(at)>
Date: Tue Nov 07 2000 - 09:14:22 GMT

For some reason swishspider is not recognized as a perlscript
and is being interpreted by the shell, this msg is the a symptom of that:
use: Command not found.

You need to fix the first line to (probably)

(Jose, better put this path in the distribution since
/local/sparc/bin/perl is not a probable path, /usr/bin/perl is perl's
default path)

Jason, be aware that you need to install the perl-modules that are in
the 'use' statements:

use LWP::UserAgent;
use HTTP::Headers;
use LWP::RobotUA;
use HTTP::Request;
use HTTP::Status;
use HTML::LinkExtor;

For this you need to downloads these files:

Then install the modules:

tar xvzf libwww-perl-5.48.tar.gz
cd libwww-perl-5.48
perl Makefile.PL