Re: Problem indexing

From: David Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Thu Nov 02 2000 - 21:34:12 GMT
dzierzak@jwwinco.com wrote:
> /usr/local/bin/swish-e -c /home/sites/home/web/swish/sw.index.conf
> Bad directives on lines
> 104  IgnoreLastChar
> 113  IgnoreFirstChar
> 165  MaxDepth 5
> 170 Delay 60
> 174 TmpDir /var/tmp
> 179 SpiderDirectory /opt/swish-e.x/src/
> 185 EquivalentServer http://ipaddressofwebservertobeindexed/
> 191
>
> Nothing is listed next to 191.
> /var/tmp is a valid directory
>
> What am I doing wrong??

IgnoreFirstChar and IgnoreLastChar must have a value or be omitted.  I
think the syntax changed slightly at some point and the example config
was never updated.

And, not telling SWISH-E to use HTTP method.
  swish-e -S http -c /home/sites/home/web/swish/sw.index.conf

Not sure about 191, but, you might check for stray characters.  There
appears to be an extraneous character on the last line of the config
file you attached.

--
,David Norris
  ICQ Universal Internet Number - 412039

"I would never belong to a club that would have me as a member!"
                                          - Groucho Marx