Re: new swish-e 2.X version

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Oct 05 2000 - 15:26:42 GMT
Ok, I have the library version of swish running, and I'm caching the
connection handles in mod_perl, so the index file is only opened on the
first request and subsequent requests just run a query on the already open
index file.

It's fast!

And after a few requests I'm not seeing that the Apache processes are that
big, either.

Anyone interested in fast swish searches should consider testing out this
library version, especially if running under mod_perl.

Again, I also have a few perl modules that can be used to access either the
binary or the library version at http://www.hank.org/modules.  Although I'm
using the SWISH and SWISH::Fork modules in production, I'd still consider
them in the testing phase and the interface will probably change as the
Library changes.  But it's designed so you can use either the binary or
library with only changing one setting.

Jose, I'm wondering about SwishHeaderParameter().  Is there a way to just
ask for ALL the headers?  I'd rather not have to list each header name in
my module.

Thanks,

Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org