Here are my last improvements.
- Last stable version: swish-e-2.0.3.tar.gz. Fixes Byron's http bug.
If you do not use http indexing method you do not need to upgrade
(2.0.1 and 2.0.2 should work fo you). But, if you want the last one, or
uses http indexing method, download it from:
- Last unstable version: swish-e-2.1.0.tar.gz. This version is not
stable enough for a production environment (although I am using it
on a production environment). This version includes a new index
engine and many of the last new features appeared in this list. it is
based in the old unstable swish-e-perl and includes the following
1. The index proccess uses less memory
2. New option -e to use even less memory when indexing (-e means
"economic mode"). It uses two temporal files to store part of the
extracted info. Of course, with this option, the index proccess is
3. BumpPositionCounterCharacters option. See user.config in conf
directory or check previous posts to this list.
4. New option -x to write more info ("extended header") of the index
files while searching.
5. Now, the perl module/C library can access several index files at
once. It also can read the stopwords of the file. Look at test.pl.
6. Faster search (less I/O operations)
7. New options DefaultContents and IndexContents (they appeared
in swish-e-perl for the first time). Eg:
IndexContents XML .xml
IndexContents HTML .htm .html .php .php3
8. HTTP is not complete.
9. More ContentTypes sholud be defined (only TXT, HTML and XML
This package is in http://www.boe.es/swish-e/alpha
BTW, like linux kernels, I have adopted a similar nomenclature for
the names of the packages:
- 2.0.X are the stable versions
- 2.1.X are the more experimental, non stable versions
- There is not any more swish-e-perl packages. I have renamed it to
the previous 2.1.0.
Received on Thu Sep 28 16:37:12 2000