Re: http access with swish-e 2.0.2

From: <jmruiz(at)not-real.boe.es>
Date: Thu Sep 28 2000 - 15:29:54 GMT
Hi Bryan,

On 28 Sep 2000, at 7:41, Bryan Heidorn wrote:

> Yes, I had that problem too and Jose sent this patch.
> http indexing seems to work fine now but I have a new problem. The
> resulting index contains the words that I need but search can not find them.
> I can make the index with http and run a
> swish-e2 -D -f index.file | grep abstract
> and I find a line for abstract
>
> abstract: 2 1 1 9 1 138 2 7 1 9 1 4670 2 9 1 73 1.......
>
> but then if I search
> swish-e2 -w "abstract" -f index.file
> I get
> # SWISH format 2.0
> # Search words: abstract
> err: no results

I think that you cannot find them because "abstract" appears in a
metaname.

you have to search for:

swish-e2 -w 'yourmetaname=abstract' -f index.file

You can get more info with -D issuing a -v 4:

swish-e2 -v 4 -D -f index.file | grep abstract

You should see something like:

abstract:  Meta:2 filename ....

Check in your config file for your MetaNames. Meta 1 means that the
word is not in any metaname. Meta>=2 means that the word is in a
MetaName. Each MetaName owns a unique number starting at 2.

Hope this helps.

cu
Jose