Re: http access with swish-e 2.0.2

From: Bryan Heidorn <heidorn(at)not-real.alexia.lis.uiuc.edu>
Date: Thu Sep 28 2000 - 14:41:47 GMT
Yes, I had that problem too and Jose sent this patch.
http indexing seems to work fine now but I have a new problem. The
resulting index contains the words that I need but search can not find them.
I can make the index with http and run a
swish-e2 -D -f index.file | grep abstract
and I find a line for abstract

abstract: 2 1 1 9 1 138 2 7 1 9 1 4670 2 9 1 73 1.......

but then if I search
swish-e2 -w "abstract" -f index.file
I get
# SWISH format 2.0
# Search words: abstract
err: no results

Bryan

At 04:38 AM 9/28/00 -0700, Stephan Engelke wrote:
>Hi everyone,
>
>I tried to index a site by using hte http access method using swish-e
>version 2.0.2.  Unfortunatly the only words which ended up in the
>index were the components of the filenames.  The swishspider script
>returns the contents of the pages correctly.
>
>I am using the configuration file which came with the distribution and
>modified only the relevant paths.
>
>Has anyone else experienced this, too?  Or is it a known bug?
>
>Regards -- Stephan
>--
>Stephan Engelke                                                engelke@gmx.net
>               *** I.R.S.: We've got what it takes to take what you've
> got! ***

   P. Bryan Heidorn    Graduate School of Library and Information Science
   pheidorn@uiuc.edu   University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign MC-493
   (V)217/ 244-7792    501 East Daniel St., Champaign, IL  61820-6212
   (F)217/ 244-3302    http://alexia.lis.uiuc.edu/~heidorn