Re: "Chevra" ??

From: David Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Thu Sep 28 2000 - 01:56:00 GMT
William Malin wrote:
> The link says "9114" and this links to a file name "Chevra" which definitely does not exist.

Could your search script be parsing the results incorrectly?

> I've searched the index files internally, as well as the
> executable itself and can find no reference to 9114 or Chevra.

"Chevra Kadisha"
http://www.venturablvd.com/sholom-chapels/index.html

Look at this line in the above file:
<META NAME="description" CONTENT="

Then compare that to the description given for:
http://www.venturablvd.com/cgi-bin/vvbsearch.pl?query=chevra&ichoice=main_index.swish-e&results=5

Either A) you have cut the line short intentionally or B) SWISH is
having a sort of buffer overflow while indexing that document.  If it's
a buffer overflow then you can either increase the max string length and
rebuild SWISH-E or be slightly less verbose with descriptions.  (If
these are manually entered then limit the description field length to
less than max string length to avoid further problems.)  A buffer
problem could cause a raw quotation mark to be pushed into the output.
My guess is that your PERL script is parsing quotes and is mangling
fields.  Or SWISH-E is doing something otherwise strange with it.

How is that for wild speculation?

--
,David Norris
  ICQ Universal Internet Number - 412039

"I would never belong to a club that would have me as a member!"
                                          - Groucho Marx