Re: Echoing StopWords

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed Sep 27 2000 - 16:37:55 GMT
At 08:26 AM 09/27/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi Bill,
>
>I have some doubts about the stopwords when searching several
>index files and the stopwords of the index files do not match:

I've started to reply to this a few times and finally decided: There isn't
a correct answer.

I need to relate what stop words were used during indexing for *each*
result for phrase highlighting.  But I'd also like to be able to use swish
for sorting results (meaning the results would need to be merged together).
 So maybe each result should indicate an index file number.

I'd also like to see the TOTAL number of results before reading any results.

Something like this:

# Swish-e format: 2.0                        <--- added a ':'
# Search:  keywords = ( food of the world )
# Total number of hits: 122                  <--- for all indexes
# Index number: 1                            <--- first index headers start
# Name: (no name)
# Saved as: index.swish-e
# Counts: 21957 words, 6424 files
..
# Stemming Applied: 1
# Soundex Applied: 0
# WordCharacters: abcab0123456789abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
..
# Stop words: a an the                       <--- stop words for this index
# Removed stopword: the
# Search words: keywords = ( food of world )
# Number of hits: 60                         <--- this isn't so important
#
# Index number: 2                            <--- next index headers start
# Name: (no name)
..
# Stemming Applied: 1
# Soundex Applied: 0
# WordCharacters: abcab0123456789abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
..
# Stop words: of www http                    <--- stop words for this index
# Removed stopword: of
# Search words: keywords = ( food the world )
# Number of hits: 60                         <--- this isn't so important
1000 ../docs/008632.htm "Farmer's Markets" 1872 1
1000 ../docs/008613.htm "Eating Disorders" 2257 2
1000 ../docs/008559.htm "Cooking Contest" 1191  1
                            The index number ---^

Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org