Echoing StopWords

From: <jmruiz(at)not-real.boe.es>
Date: Wed Sep 27 2000 - 15:26:28 GMT
Hi Bill,

I have some doubts about the stopwords when searching several
index files and the stopwords of the index files do not match:

- Search string: This is the easy part. When removing stopwords
from the search string, I think that the search string  must be parsed
using the stopwords of each index file. If not, we can miss some
results.

- Stopwords display info: In order to echo the stopwords in the
header info, may I merge all the stopwords or just echoing the
common stop words.
Example:
Index File1: a an the
Index File 2: an of

Echo with merging: a an the of
Echo without merging: an

BTW, merge proccess use the first approach (a an the of).

I think that the second option (an) is better than the first one (a an the
of).

What do you think?

cu
Jose