Re: HTTP method and swishspider

From: Didier Bringer <dbringer(at)not-real.arkeia.com>
Date: Mon Sep 25 2000 - 15:34:32 GMT
Hello,

I tried once to use the spider but was not really happy with the speed.
>From this time I use httrack which is very fast to make a mirror and
then I index with swish
(which is very very nice)

Hereunder is the kind of command line httrack can accept

httrack http://127.0.0.1/web5/          -%F "" -C2 -*.html?* -*.gif
-*.jpeg -*.jpg -c48 -D -z -w -O /home/httpd/www/web_fige/

for example it doesn't copy the jpeg and gif
It also doesn't take pages that looks like  index.html?p=1  (with this
kind of command line)

It does an exelent job for me
http://httrack.free.fr/