From: David Norris <dave(at)>
Date: Sun Sep 17 2000 - 08:34:27 GMT
I just started playing around with Doxygen on the SWISH-E 2.01 source.
I wonder if we could use it to document the source code a bit better.
Here's a test output:

I just created a basic config with the DoxyWizard and ran doxygen.  I've
not tried documenting anything, yet.  With Doxygen the source is made to
be self documenting.  There are a number of ways to add documentation
into the source.  To be brief, two methods compatible with C would look
like /*! some docs */ or JavaDocs format /** some docs */  Tags are used
document things like functions parameters (@param) and reference related
functions (@see).

Output formats are: HTML (and MS DevStudio 5/6 HTML-Help), XML, LaTeX,
RTF, and Unix Man.

Doxygen is GPL and runs on Linux, various Unix, and Windows.  Static
(due to QT) binaries are available for several common platforms, source
for others.

,David Norris
  Dave's Web -
  Dave's Weather -
  ICQ Universal Internet Number - 412039
  E-Mail -

"I would never belong to a club that would have me as a member!"
                                          - Groucho Marx