Re: Possible bug in swishe for windoze

From: David Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Thu Sep 14 2000 - 23:00:22 GMT
Cliodhna Mc Guirk wrote:
> skipping blah.html: Already indexed
> If I've deleted the files, how come it knows I've indexed them already.

If I recall, that warning occurs when SWISH-E tries to index the same
file twice in a row for whatever reason.  I think it also occurs when
the file matches a FileRules directive.  It has nothing to do with your
old index.

Hopefully someone else can explain it better.  I'm a little fuzzy on
that warning, although I could look if no one is sure.

I don't think it's a bug.  (Pardon the speculation. ;-)  There may be
something screwy with the directory I/O routines in the Windows build,
though.  Microsoft doesn't support ANSI standard directory I/O routines
directly.  One has to use a sort of Microsoft compatibility library, I'm
guessing MS ported over from MS Xenix.  I'm not convinced it works
exactly as it should but it does work.  It seems to get confused about
directory seperators.  The directory I/O might be mistaking a directory
for a file then SWISH-E catches it as already indexed.  Whatever it is,
your files should still be indexed correctly.

--
,David Norris
  ICQ Universal Internet Number - 412039

"I would never belong to a club that would have me as a member!"
                                          - Groucho Marx