I would like to know the source of your code as well as it's licence.
You say it's in the public domain, it would be nice to give credit
where credit is due, like in a CHANGES/CREDITS file. Could you find
out the author? hopefully with email address/homepage?
Thanks in advance for your effort on this.
* NOTE: this is _not_ soundex. it is the metaphone algo. I just used
* the soundex function name, so I could drop this file in and run.
* if this code looks familiar, it is. I stole it from somewhere, but
* have modified it a bit. if you need to know the original source,
* I can find out. the original code was public domain...
>Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
>X-MIME-Autoconverted: from 8bit to quoted-printable by
>sunsite.berkeley.edu id SAA06005
> First off I'd like to say what a nice piece of software swish-e is.
>Now... I've attached a replacement src/soundex.c that uses the
>metaphone algorithm, which gives substantially better results than
>the soundex method. If you'd like to try it, just replace the
>src/soundex.c file with the one attached. If anyone out there tries
>this, please let me know what your thoughts about it are. I've
>been running this on a linux box for about a week now w/o anything
>Damon Brent Verner o _ _ _
>Cracker JackŪ Surprise Certified _o /\_ _ \\o (_)\__/o (_)
>firstname.lastname@example.org _< \_ _>(_) (_)/<_ \_| \ _|/' \/
>email@example.com (_)>(_) (_) (_) (_) (_)' _\o_
Received on Tue Sep 12 08:14:16 2000