metaphone word indexing/searching

From: brent verner <brent(at)not-real.rcfile.org>
Date: Tue Sep 12 2000 - 01:15:48 GMT
Hi,

  First off I'd like to say what a nice piece of software swish-e is.
Now... I've attached a replacement src/soundex.c that uses the
metaphone algorithm, which gives substantially better results than
the soundex method. If you'd like to try it, just replace the
src/soundex.c file with the one attached. If anyone out there tries
this, please let me know what your thoughts about it are. I've
been running this on a linux box for about a week now w/o anything
blowing up.

cheers.
  brent

--
Damon Brent Verner                        o      _     _         _
Cracker JackŪ Surprise Certified  _o     /\_   _ \\o  (_)\__/o  (_)