Re: Re: new C library and Perl Module

From: David Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Wed Sep 06 2000 - 00:59:41 GMT
Bill Moseley wrote:
> Program received signal SIGINT, Interrupt.
> 0x4009d201 in strchr () from /lib/libc.so.6
> (gdb) bt
> #0  0x4009d201 in strchr () from /lib/libc.so.6
> #1  0x1 in ?? ()
> #2  0x805c742 in printfile ()
> #3  0x805c825 in printfiles ()

This is the directory I/O routine in fs.c.  Can you enable debugging,
define DEBUG 1 macro.  And/or add some printf() statements to
printfile?  I often do a printf on either side of suspect functions to
see if they return and at which iteration they fail.  For example, if it
works once then hangs or dumps on the second or third iteration then we
are probably dealing with a memory allocation problem.  This seems like
a familiar problem to me but I can't find anything in my notes.  The
call to printfile in printfiles is probably where you want to look.

Which OS is this?  I'm guessing Linux with a recent C runtime.  I have
Mandrake 7.0 and Debian 2.0 running on machines here; maybe I can help
make sense out of it.

--
,David Norris
  ICQ Universal Internet Number - 412039

"I would never belong to a club that would have me as a member!"
                                          - Groucho Marx