Re: Searching for date-ranges, web frontends?

From: Bas Meijer <bas(at)not-real.antraciet.nl>
Date: Thu Aug 31 2000 - 10:03:44 GMT
Hi Paul,

Date searches were what we were missing as well. So I made lookup.cgi
to help searching a MHonarc-built archive of a netnews/majordomo server.

Lookup is available under GNU GPL at http://bas.antraciet.nl/lookup/ .

It includes a webserver-script: lookup.cgi, that allows you to search
with swish-e and filter the output of swish-e on the filedates. You
can set two filters: before a date & after a date, you can combine
these filters. The Lookup package uses the (included) Date::Calc perl
library, so you should be able to install these. (Not neccesarily as
root).

lookup.cgi is a perl5 script that is a front end developed for swish-e 1.3.x
(Simple Web Indexing System for Humans - Enhanced) it can be used
with swish-e 2.0.1 but does not (yet) use new functions.

lookup.cgi filters on the current filedates (with a stat() call)
because they are not stored in the swish index. you can use the touch
command to set the filedates if needed.

Drop a line if you use it, i'm curious about the installation
instructions/procedures, it should be easy.

You can also find other scripts for Swish-e at:
http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/SWISH-E/Scripts/

regards,

Bas Meijer