Searching multiple indices

From: Paul Thomas <paul(at)not-real.cuenet.com>
Date: Mon Aug 21 2000 - 22:55:11 GMT
Hi,

I have been usuing the old swish for a long time and am
looking at upgrading to swish-e.

I have some web directories that I index with swish that
are full of webpages and get updated regularly. I would
like to have indexes of the older webpages so that I only
have to index the newer pages.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to search multiple
indexes once everything is indexed without the person searching
having to select the index they are going to search. I guess I
would like to just define a directory and have a search program
search whatever indexes might be in that directory automatically.

I hope this isn't too confusing and hasn't been asked before. I'm
new to the list.

Thanks!

--Paul T.

--
How does a tree get on the world wide web?
It logs on.