Re: Title does not show up when text files are indexed

From: David Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Fri Aug 18 2000 - 19:42:19 GMT
Ed Waldspurger wrote:
> How can I include a title in the search results of text files?

On Unix?  Mostly Simple: You would have to modify the ishtml() function
to recognize all (at least just your text) files as html.  I think that
function is in index.c.  If not, you can do a grep on the source 'grep
ishtml *.c' to find it.

On Windows: I have built executables of 2.0 beta 4 that do this.

I have ishtml() always return true (return 1) in my copy.  I just
stripped out all of the filename matching code and put 'return 1;' in
it's place.  Otherwise SWISH-E makes some pretty poor assumptions based
on file extensions.  I don't think it even recognizes files ending with
.html as HTML.  I don't know of any ill-effects with assuming everything
is HTML.

--
,David Norris
  ICQ Universal Internet Number - 412039

"I would never belong to a club that would have me as a member!"
                                          - Groucho Marx