Re: Receiving error msg when doing "make"

From: <fletcher.reed(at)not-real.verizon.com>
Date: Mon Aug 14 2000 - 14:31:28 GMT
  I have been able to get around the compile abend by changing
  the line
	extern struct _indexing_data_source_def FileSystemIndexingDataSource;
	struct _indexing_data_source_def FileSystemIndexingDataSource;
  (I have turned off the "ALLOW_HTTP_INDEXING_DATA_SOURCE" var).

  Taking off the "extern" from the struct seemed to work as far as
  the compile goes, it all compiled and linked just fine.

  But (always have a but) I am not getting an error with the "make test"

$ make test

./swish-e -i test.html -v -f index.swish

Indexing Data Source: "-

"

Indexing test.html..

CEE3201S The system detected an operation exception.

         From entry point indexpath at compile unit offset -E4EDA7E2 at
address
00000002.

<> LEAID ENTERED (LEVEL 04/04/1998 AT 19.23)

<> LEAID ABENDAID DD ALLOCATED BY CWBMAKDD DYNALLOC RC =00000

FSUM8226 make: Error code 132

$

  Anyideas?

  Thanks

  If you have any questions please call
  Fletcher Reed
  (813) 987-1678
  Fletcher.Reed@Telops.gte.com
-------------
Original Text
From: <jmruiz@boe.es>, on 8/14/00 6:08 AM:
To: smtp[<fletcher.reed@verizon.com>]

Hi Fletcher,

I think it is a compatibility problem of your cc compiler for OS390.

data_sources is a global variable defined in methods.c:

struct _indexing_data_source_def *data_sources[] = {.

I have tried with cc for AIX ( this should be a very similar compiler)
with no problems. Both compilers are from IBM.

cu
Jose

On 11 Aug 2000, at 10:29, Fletcher Reed wrote:

> I am getting the following error msg when I run "make":
> (I'm useing 'cc' to compile on an OS390 Unix server)
>
> cc -o swish-e -O check.o file.o index.o search.o error.o methods.o
hash.o
> list.o
>  mem.o string.o merge.o swish.o stemmer.o  soundex.o docprop.o fs.o
http.o
> https
> erver.o -lm
>
>  IEW2353E 243F SECTION data_sources CONTAINS INVALID DATA. ERROR CODE IS
> 250005.
>  IEW2307E 1113 CURRENT INPUT MODULE NOT INCLUDED BECAUSE OF INVALID
DATA.