Re:

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Tue Aug 08 2000 - 14:12:22 GMT
At 06:54 AM 08/08/00 -0700, Chris Humphries wrote:
>> One more
>> question, how we can restrict swishe to index only the meta tags in a
>file.
>
>It would not be too difficult to write a small filter function to process
>HTML documents so that only text from their meta tags was passed on as
>document content (I have my own filter functions to process documents that
>could lend themselves to this task).

Just a thought:

Another option that may or may not be faster than writing a filter would be
to modify index.c.  I wanted to be able to only index META tags that are
defined in METANAMES so I added the REQMETANAME setting to config.h.  It
only took a few minutes to make the change in the source.

As I remember (perhaps incorrectly), the index stores words in categories
by number where the meta names are numbered 1,2,3... and everything else
get is zero.  (is that correct Jose?)  Sorry, I don't have time to look at
the source right now.

So it might be easy to ignore non metanames in index.c.

Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org