Re:

From: Chris Humphries <ChrisJMH(at)not-real.vermilion99.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue Aug 08 2000 - 13:56:22 GMT
> One more
> question, how we can restrict swishe to index only the meta tags in a
file.

It would not be too difficult to write a small filter function to process
HTML documents so that only text from their meta tags was passed on as
document content (I have my own filter functions to process documents that
could lend themselves to this task).

To get this working quickly one could use, for example, a special version
of the spider to strip the file of all but meta tags. If you are indexing
using the FILESYSTEM method, a copy of the file with just the meta-tags,
coupled with a string translation on the path, would also achieve much the
same result.

One would then write an interface that used the "meta tags only" index when
the user requested such a search.

Chris Humphries